To China for Emma in 2004

Two years after bringing her home, we've finally made a blog dedicated to Emma's adoption from China in 2004. The following posts include pictures from our journey and e-mail messages we sent home to our family & friends while in China. Enjoy!!

Monday, November 13, 2006

August 27, 2004

Subject: Friday in China

After our experience yesterday, I wasn't up to going anywhere!! The
other two couples that went with us had similar problems. Ray &
Jeanne's daughter Kelly screamed the entire ride home, and was
clawing Jeanne, and hitting her. They thought something was
seriousley wrong with her and were going to take her to the
hsopital. She did settle down, but we have all had enough with the
taxi rides. I also am very homesick. I miss my kids, I'm sick of
China. Being in one place for a whole week can make you crazy!! I
think it would be better if we were in Guangzhou already but we are
here until Wednesday! But we did go to the Beijing Friendship store,
which was nice. Liu called and said how sorry she was for yesterday
and said that she would take us to the Friendship store and promised
the bus would be there to take us and pick us up. So I agreed to go.
On the way to the store, there are embassies everywhere. I even
started crying when I saw that American flag for our embassy!! We
walked around a bit, but it wasn't as nice as I thought it would be.
Good thing was Pizza Hut is right next store!! We enjoyed the pizza
and that made me feel better, since Sera said she was tired of
looking at me from the way I was "moping." And I was.. I miss my
kids terribly and want to be home! We called them and they sounded
fine, but miss us too. Only a few more days!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home